Discover the Catalan Taste at Bar Xose
The Catalan dialect is slightly different from Spanish, and the spellings can be a little confusing to those accustomed to the Spanish dialects of Central and South America. For instance, in those dialects, Joseph becomes Jose, with the J taking on an H role. In Catalan dialect, Jose is Xose and, in Barcelona, Bar Xose is a fantastic local place to experience delicious Catalan and Spanish cuisine in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere. Some top picks to try are-
- Grilled dogfish and vegetables
- Stuffed chicken in cheese sauce
- Tuna Tataki
- Veal carpaccio with Parmesan
- Fideua mixta – a traditional Catalan pasta, meat, and seafood dish
Restaurante Xose Barcelona has a daily prix fixe menu, and checking their Facebook or Instagram is always worthwhile – if only to ogle the delicious dishes on display. Check out the blackboard for combination plates and specials of the day. Those on the ketogenic or paleo diets will find a selection dishes that meets with their requirements as well. The food is plated and presented with style and panache.
Things to Know:
- Wheelchair accessible. Terrace with surcharge. Television. Reservations accepted.
- Price Range: $-$$S (Budget-Friendly to Midrange)
- Hours: 6:00 AM – 3:00 AM
- Cuisine: Spanish, Catalan, Seafood, Mediterranean, European, Vegetarian
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late, Snacks, Tapas, Coffee
- Service: Full bar, table service.
- Address: Carrer de Sepúlveda, 147, 108011 Barcelona, Spain
- Telephone: +34 93 720 40 95
Whether you want a full breakfast to start the day or a pitcher of sangria and tapas to end the night, or anything in between, restaurant Xose Barcelona Spain is an excellent neighborhood pick off the Gran Via for any meal or snack time. Like most restaurants in Barcelona, they open very early, and close very late, but expect busy tables at all times in this popular spot.